Bachelor of Human Services (Human Resource Management)
- Semester 1 (February)
- Semester 2 (July)
- Semester 3 (November)
- 24 units
- 3 years or part-time equivalent
Program Information Set
Understand community development and welfare
Our Bachelor of Human Services (Human Resource Management) will put you on the right path to understanding community development and welfare from a wide range of perspectives from within Australia and globally. You will combine this learning with courses exploring the foundations of human resource management, including staffing and remuneration, workplace health and safety, employment relations, people development, and leading organisational change. You will also gain research skills appropriate for working in human services.
This degree will provide you with a solid foundation to work in community organisation roles such as a community development worker, welfare worker and support worker.
|Courses to be studied||Units|
|plus 1 x 8-unit major
plus a second 8-unit major
How much will it cost?
Approximate annual costs1 for your first year of study (8 units) in this program are:
|Commonwealth supported||AUD 6684|
|Domestic full fee paying||AUD 21520|
Loan to help you pay your fees
You may not have to pay your course (subject) fees upfront. HECS-HELP and FEE-HELP allows you to defer your fees until your income reaches a certain level.
You may also be eligible to receive financial support from Centrelink.
Scholarships and financial assistance
You may be able to apply for scholarships to help with your study costs.
The lowest OP/unadjusted Rank* to which an offer was made is 18/61. OP/Ranks based upon all offers made in Semester 1, 2019.
Entry requirements for Semester 3, 2019
- Subject pre-requisite: English (4, SA) or equivalent
Entry requirements for Semester 1, 2020
To study this degree we assume you have sound knowledge in:
We assume that your knowledge is equivalent to four semesters at high school level (Years 11 and 12) with sound achievement (4, SA).
English Language Requirements
You are required to satisfy the applicable English language requirements. This program requires a minimum of IELTS 6.0 or equivalent.
If you do not meet the English language requirements you may apply to study a University-approved English language program.
A number of other pathways are also available if you haven't been able to study previously or don't meet the requirements for entry into your program of interest.
*Further admission information
An adjusted Selection Rank is the result of combining additional ranks through special entry schemes for admission.
Special entry schemes for admissions may help you get into the program of your choice by increasing your Selection Rank, through the allocation of additional ranks in certain circumstances.
An adjusted Selection Rank is the result of combining additional ranks with a student's OP/Selection Rank. An unadjusted Selection Rank is the student's Selection Rank without any rank adjustments.
USQ is committed to greater admissions transparency. Learn more about the education and work experience, as well as average OP/Ranks for this programs' student cohort for Semester 1, 2019.
How to apply
- Apply via QTAC (Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre) if you:
- have never studied with USQ before, or
- are a Year 12 student, or
- want to transfer to USQ from another university.
Please note down the QTAC codes below to complete your application.
- Alternatively, you may be able to apply directly to USQ if you:
- are a current or previous USQ student returning to study with complete or incomplete qualifications (excluding Head Start students), or
- have recently graduated from TAFE.
Applying directly to USQ:
- Semester 3, 2019 - applications close Friday 29 November, with semester 3 commencing on Monday 18 November 2019.
- Semester 1, 2020 - applications close Friday 6 March, with semester 1 commencing on Monday 24 February 2020.
- Semester 2, 2020 - applications close Friday 17 July (QTAC) and 24 July (direct), with semester 2 commencing on Monday 13 July 2020.
If you are applying via QTAC, you will need to check the QTAC closing dates.