Master of Nursing
- Semester 1 (February)
- Semester 2 (July)
- 12 units
- 1.5 year/s or part-time equivalent
Master of Nursing for Registered Nurses
Are you a RN looking to upgrade your qualifications or become a leader in the health care sector? Our Master of Nursing is designed to boost your skills in leadership and strategic management within your current nursing practice. In addition the options for elective courses and research opportunities can be aligned with your personal career ambitions.
Study Nursing online
No matter where you live in the world, you can study online with our Master of Nursing. Our nursing courses are designed for online study so you can continue working as a RN.
Would you like a say in the strategic direction of your ward, hospital or organisation? Our Master of Nursing will boost your career opportunities in nursing and healthcare management.
How much will it cost?
Approximate annual costs1 for international students' first year of study (8 units) in this program:
Scholarships and financial assistance
You may be able to apply for scholarships to help with your study costs.
- Completed a 3-year bachelor degree in the area of nursing from an Australian university, or equivalent.
- Hold a current Professional Registration as a Division 1 nurse, or equivalent, with either Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) or relevant regulatory body in applicant's home country.
- A minimum of one years' professional work experience.
English Language Requirements
You are required to satisfy the applicable English language requirements. This program requires a minimum of IELTS 6.5 or equivalent.
If you do not meet the English language requirements you may apply to study a University-approved English language program.
Admission pathwaysA formal process of Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL) will be used to assess registered nurses, without bachelor degrees, who wish to gain entry to the program on the basis of equivalent experience or qualifications. Applicants should contact the Program Coordinator if they wish to be assessed for admission on this basis.
How to apply
USQ accepts applications all year. Semester start dates are:
- Semester 1, 2020 - Monday 24 February 2020.
- Semester 2, 2020 - Monday 13 July 2020.