Master of Professional Studies (Research)
Expand your professional practice with research
Are you a professional wanting to expand you knowledge and impact in the workplace with research? The Master of Professional Studies (Research) is specifically designed for professionals to develop their research skills and gain a postgraduate qualification while working in your current place of employment.
Your research will develop your ability for analytical, critical and creative thinking in workplace applications and your initiative and creativity will be encouraged to engage in issues relevant and meaningful to your professional practice and own experience in workplace challenges.
It is expected your research will be able to be used to improve one or more aspects of your workplace.
How much will it cost?
Approximate annual costs1 for your first year of study (8 units) in this program are:
|Domestic full fee paying||AUD 19120|
Loan to help you pay your fees
You may not have to pay your course (subject) fees upfront. FEE-HELP allows you to defer your fees until your income reaches a certain level.
You may also be eligible to receive financial support from Centrelink.
Scholarships and financial assistance
You may be able to apply for scholarships to help with your study costs.
- Admission is by online application and interview
- 3-year bachelor degree from an Australian University or equivalent plus at least 5 years experience in their field
Applicants with a bachelor degree with honours, or a masters degree, may consider applying for admission to the Doctor of Professional Studies program.
English Language Requirements
You are required to satisfy the applicable English language requirements. This program requires a minimum of IELTS 6.5 or equivalent.
If you do not meet the English language requirements you may apply to study a University-approved English language program.
How to apply
Applying directly to USQ:
- Semester 2, 2018 – applications close Monday 2 July, with semester 2 commencing on Monday 16 July 2018.
- Semester 3, 2018 - applications close Monday 5 November, with semester 3 commencing on Monday 19 November 2018.
- Semester 1, 2019 - applications close Monday 18 February, with semester 1 commencing on Monday 25 February 2019.