USQ has announced a $5.2 million initiative to help our students during this unprecedented time. Student experiencing hardship during COVID-19 can receive extra support for them to continue their studies during this crisis. Our COVID-19 Student Support Package includes academic and financial support.
You have the option to:
- make your Semester 1 results non-contributory towards your grade point average
- request a five-day extension to your assignment due date
- access more online support services, including library services, free online counselling, free career counselling and more.
You may be eligible for:
- one-off and/or fortnightly payments of up to AUD500 for a period of up to three months to assist with living expenses
- one-off payments of up to AUD1000 to obtain needed technology
- one-off payments of up to AUD500 for the provision of learning resources.
Applications for the COVID-19 Student Financial Assistance Scheme open on Tuesday 14 April. Find out more information about our Student Financial Assistance Scheme.
Online learning support at USQ
USQ also provides additional support and information for international students. Please see the frequently asked questions for the latest changes, in line with updates and directions from the Australian Government and the Department of Home Affairs.
Leave of absence
Students impacted by COVID-19 are eligible to apply for a leave of absence on compassionate and compelling circumstances.
If you wish to apply for a leave of absence you must complete a Leave of Absence Form - International form and provide supporting documentation in accordance with the assessment of Compassionate and Compelling Circumstances Procedure.
Please submit the form and your supporting documentation to: firstname.lastname@example.org for your application to be assessed.
Defer your offer
To defer your study to a future semester, you can contact the USQ International Admissions team.
Additional options for online study
Affected USQ students who study online can transfer to on-campus study as soon as the travel restrictions are removed and they meet all eligibility requirements. Students who apply for online study only may be required to resubmit additional information prior to being granted a Confirmation of Enrolment (COE).