- USQ’s Master of Education (Guidance and Counselling) is ideal for teachers wishing to extend their career as a guidance officer, guidance counsellor or school counsellor.
- You will have the opportunity to study in the areas of advanced counselling in educational contexts, emotional and behavioural problems of children and young people, child wellbeing and protection, and assessment and testing.
- Expand your understanding of the transformative role of education in society, and develop the skills to work through the contemporary challenges faced by educators in rapidly changing, diverse communities.
- Develop the skills to solve current issues in the education environment by using your own experiences as a backdrop to your studies, developing a research project based on your current workplace.
- This specialisation does not qualify you for teacher registration in Queensland. You can qualify for teacher registration in Queensland with the Master of Learning and Teaching (Early Years), Master of Learning and Teaching (Primary) or Master of Learning and Teaching (Secondary).